6/16/2012

Interview with Danny Kass

Despite his 29 years, Danny Kass has become a legend in snowboarding and part of its history.

Danny, introduce yourself and tell me how you got into snowboarding.
My name is Danny Kass, I am 29 years old and I come from New Jersey, USA. In the beginning I was skating on a skateboard, and when I turned twelve, I tried his hand at snowboarding. And at the very beginning I had a desire to participate in competitions. So I practiced a lot to quickly curl on itself. After the first serious competition, I appreciated even more in his desire. This passion has continued for over ten years.



Do you now even have a show on TV?
Yeah, I have my own show on Fuel TV called "The Adventures of Danny and the Dingo." We just made his fifth season. Crew accompanies the hordes of snowboarders, skateboarders and other lovers of travel and removes stories about these adventures.

You are very successfully performed in competition, so that now you give your time?
Because of knee surgery last season I was not able to act with full force. I made a "season of fun," and participated in a few competitions for your own pleasure. There was still some shooting with Nike and Absinthe, where I worked on his style. This season was a fast fully dedicated bekkantri.

What is the point you would have called the best in the season?
It certainly was a trip to Austria! I ride with Gigi Rüf, Wolle Nyvelt and Eric Jackso. I began to wean from the backcountry, and this trip brought back my strength and confidence. I even think in the next year to return to Austria, or to go to Japan.

What was the highlight of your career?
Hmm, tough question, but I would say that it was the first performance at the U.S. Open in Stratton. I was still an amateur and I'm madly wanted to win at such prestigious competitions. In addition, they were far from my house.

You have twice participated in the Olympic Games and won two silver medals. What do you think about the disputes between the FIS and TTR?
As an American I have this dispute is not so much. We have a USSA with a very strong influence in government and sports organizations. They are very strongly defend our rights. But I think that FIS - this is more skiing and they should continue to do what they know and are able to. Snowboard - that's what we like, but if you want to participate in international competitions, I always have to adhere to certain rules. The main thing that it was reasonable rules.

What is your favorite figure in the park?
Parks and so good that you can just go from the heart. And want to fly - there's your jumps or pipe. In a good park, you can always find something for everyone.

What is the meaning of life?
Live!

What is the hardest you've ever done in my life?
Hmm, I do not know, I like to challenge difficulties and overcome them.

If you were immortal in the day, what would you do?
I probably would have jumped from an airplane without a parachute straight down head to Niagara Falls. And then he went to free-ride to Alaska.

If for some reason you have to immediately leave the house, what would you take with you?
My cat "Blue" aka "B100", my phone, camera and a letter from George W. Bush, which I have received exceptional service to the United States of America!

If Hollywood will make a movie about you, who should you play?
I would do it myself. Well, or Howard Stern!

No comments:

Post a Comment