It is especially needed:
- while snowboarding off-piste, where there are rocks, trees and other unexpected obstacles
- freestyle, where the risk of falling significantly higher than normal driving.
However, one should not think that when riding on the highway near the helmet is not required. No need to console myself thinking, «I'm cool ride, do not fall, so splurge on a helmet will not». You can go anywhere as cool. But any time you can either make a mistake, or you can fly back to novice rider who does not control its trajectory. And then you just do not have time to feel sorry that did not buy protection on its head. So better make sure in advance. The cost of the helmet is much less than the cost of treatment, and (pah-pah) disability. And most Profikom ride with helmets. They understand what the risk.
Manufacturing standards snowboard helmetsSki helmets should meet the standards of CE, ASTM or Snell RS- 98. ASTM is a set of tests, including a test for resistance to impact force under different conditions (heat, cold, humidity). Helmets are tested for multiple impacts and the application of forces aimed at different parts of the helmet to determine their stability.
The general directionManufacturers helmets note increasing interest and, therefore, come up with new technology and design of their products. The goal – to make the helmets stronger, lighter and more good -looking (in order to reduce the negative reaction of newcomers, mostly because of stupid stereotypes). Also, companies are trying to design helmets that are suitable both for different sports such as rock climbing, mountain biking, skate, kayaking.
Types of helmetsHelmets are divided into two types: open and full – face (full-face). Open helmets – the most popular and vernacular version. Fullfeysy used mainly slalom, to protect the face from veshek. Also, they are comfortable to ride in the woods. As for the rest – it's too much heavier, which is not useful to you in skating.
How to try on a helmetThe most important thing when buying a helmet ( after choosing a reputable manufacturer) – make sure that the helmet fits you. The helmet should sit tight on the head, hanging out – completely useless, because instead of a uniform distribution of the load from a blow to the whole area, it will concentrate her at one point.
- Roulette. Helmet size is determined by the length of the circumference of your head. Measured by a tape measure around the head, across the forehead and the back of the head.
- Fitting. Attach the front section of the helmet just above the eyebrows and put on a helmet. It should fit snugly to the head.
- Checking slits. Make sure that no unnecessary gaps between the helmet and head. Try to move the helmet with his hands. If it is easy to swing on his head, then you need a smaller size. Properly seated helmet should only move with the skin forehead. Check also that the helmet does not touch the neck.
- Checking with a mask. Bring along your mask (if you have it) and try to put it together with a helmet.
Please note that different manufacturers have different helmets idea of the shape of the head. So helmets are the same size as you approach, and did not go well. For reliability pomerte several models of different companies.